We invite you to attend the conference "How to achieve work- life balance - the future of work" on Wednesday, December 8, 2021, at 11 am, which will be held in a hybrid format - partly live at the Metropol Hotel in Belgrade (Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra 69), and part online via Zoom platform.
The aim of the conference is to strengthen the partnership between employees and employers, as well as to share information on labor and employment rights, with special emphasis on women, bearing in mind that in Serbia there is still gender inequality and stereotypes when it comes to the role of women in family life. According to the data of the National Strategy for Gender Equality of the Republic of Serbia (2016 - 2020), 95% of women in Serbia spend 5 hours a day doing housework, while men spend almost 40% less, a total of 3 hours a day. At the conference, you will hear recommendations to employers on how to use existing legal norms and affirmative action measures to better reconcile work and family life of employees, as well as representatives of companies and local governments who will share their experiences and examples of good practice.
We want to open a dialogue on the future of work and the challenges that changes in the labor market bring, in order to preserve companies and employees, especially when it comes to achieving a balance between private and work life.
The final conference is held within the project " EQUAL - Towards closing the gender gap in balancing professional and private lives of employees" implemented by the Ministry of Family Welfare and demography and Ana and Vlade Divac Foundation, with financial support from the European Union, through the program "Rights, Equality and Citizenship".
You can follow this event online via the Zoom platform by registering HERE.
In accordance with the epidemiological measures, the number of seats is limited, so please register for attendance at the conference at the Metropol Hotel HERE by Tuesday, December 7, 2021.
• 10:00 - 11:00 Registration and press releases
• 11:00 - 11:55 Opening of the conference - moderator Marija Veljković
- Aleksandra Camagic, Assistant Minister, Ministry of Family Care and Demography
- Slavica Djukic Dejanovic, Special Adviser to the Prime Minister in the Government of Serbia
- Mateja Norcic Stamcar, Deputy Head of EU Delegation to Serbia (TBC)
- Borka Jeremic, Assistant Representative and Head of Office at United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) (TBC)
- Ana Koeshall, Director, Ana Foundation and Vlade Divac
• 11:55 - 12:00 Break
• 12:00 - 13:30 Panel discussion I - Women, discrimination and labor rights in Serbia - moderator Ivan Tomić
- Gordana Bjelobrk - co-author of the research "Reconciliation of work and parenthood - employers and employees"
- Dr. Bojan Urdarević, Professor of Labor Law, Faculty of Law, University of Kragujevac, author of a manual on labor law for employees and employers
- Ivana Idei Todorić - Supervisor for recruitment and selection, NELT group
• 13:30 - 13:35 Break
• 13:35 - 15:00 Panel discussion II - The importance of local self-government for creating better working conditions - moderator Marija Veljković
- Gordana Jordanovski - co-author of the research "Local self-government units and harmonization of work and parenthood"
- Slobodanka Andrejevic - President of the Commission for Gender Equality at the Municipality of Vladicin Han and a psychologist at the Vladicin Han Health Center
- Nevena Savic - corporate communications of the company Infostud from Subotica
• 15: 00-15: 30 Conclusion and recommendations
• 15: 30- 17:00 Lunch and cocktail