TERMS OF REFERENCE
in Užice and areas of Zlatibor district
For Social pillar (implemented by Ana and Vlade Divac Foundation and Centre for Democracy Foundation)
- Project background
The “SDGs for all” platform and its social pillar is implemented by the Ana and Vlade Divac Foundation and the Centre for Democracy Foundation and jointly financed by Swiss and German Development Coooperation and hosted by Deutsche Gesellschaft for Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) as a part of the project “Public Finance Reform - Agenda 2030).
The overall objective of the platform aims at fostering a society wide dialogue on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda in Serbia by contributing to the following specific objectives:
- Raising awareness for the SDGs in the Serbian society and establishing a structured and evidence-based society-wide dialogue on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda
- Linking existing networks and provide room for cross sectoral dialogue having in mind the interconnectedness of the SDGs
- Providing room for discussion of priorities of sustainable development of different actors in the society and support consent building among them
- Providing room for discussion and consent building with state actors on different levels and engaging in dialogue with Government on inclusive policy formulation aligned with the SDGs
- Strengthening the role of non-state actors (e.g. CSOs, businesses, professional associations, research organisations) on all levels in implementing the SDGs by facilitating mutual learning
- Work in close cooperation with other development partners, first and foremost the UN Organisations in Serbia
- Supporting monitoring and accountability by collecting and providing data on SDG implementation.
The SDG4ALL platform is structured in three pillars according to the three dimensions of sustainable development: social, economic and environmental. The social pillar will be jointly implemented by Ana and Vlade Divac Foundation and Centre for Democracy Foundation and will cover the following SDGs:
- Goal 1: No Poverty
- Goal 2: Zero Hunger
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being
- Goal 4: Quality Education
- Goal 5: Gender Equality
Through activities and coordination on the local level, meetings and round tables with local stakehoders, Capacity Building Program for CSOs and training session for local media, AVDF and FCD will attract the attention for Agenda 2030 at local level, strengthen the presence of the SDGs and the Agenda 2030 in Serbian public discourse, and increase awareness of non-state actors about their role in integration of SDGs in socio-economic lives and their knowledge on the concrete actions they can take. AVDF and FCD will inform the citizens, through local media and CSOs, about SDGs and their impact on their lives, businesses, and public policies.
AVDF and FCD will establish strong links of understanding and mutual support with local authorities. The representatives of the Social Pillar will express the willingness to either participate in the process of LDP or to facilitate it.
- The purpose of this contract is as follows:
The Local SDG Ambassador in Užice and area of Zlatibor district will cooperate regularly with the local media, making sure to point their attention to SDGs-related issues. Also, he/she will be on a constant lookout for ad hoc opportunities to promote SDGs and their incorporation in different aspects of social life i.e. opportunities to give a lecture on Agenda 2030 in local schools, to initiate and publicly communicate citizens’ initiatives related to SDGs, to advocate for SDGs in diverse local fora, conduct an issue-specific door-to-door campaign with local grassroots, reach out and organize SDGs-related meetings with marginalized groups to foster their inclusion in implementation of Agenda 2030, cooperate with other local Champions/Local SDGs Ambassadors and exchange ideas on how to promote Agenda 2030.
- Start date and period of implementation of tasks
The intended start date is 15/03/2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 12 months from this date 15/03/2020 until 14/03/2021.
- General professional experience:
- University degree academic level in relevant field
- Good command of English written and spoken
- Computer literacy (command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and the Internet)
- Good reporting skills
- Analytical experience and skills
- Ability to work in the teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Specific professional experience:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Previous experience in working with media, CSOs and vulnerable groups on the national and local level
- Previous experience in working with national and international donors
Qualified and interested candidates are asked to submit their applications and CV via regular post to the address:
Ana i Vlade Divac Foundation
53a/7 Ilije Garasanina Str, Belgrade
The subject of the email should be: Application for Local champion/Local SDGs Ambassador
Deadline for submitting the application is: 12/03/2020