For the third year in a row, the Philanthropy Festival raises awareness regarding giving, Serbia’s philanthropic heritage, charity and collective action through numerous interactive and educational activities in order to help advance the culture of giving in the society.
Belgrade, June 30, 2020 - You can be the part of the third Philanthropy Festival from June 29th until July 4th on the online channel of the philanthropic platform dobrocinitim.rs as well as on other social media.
This year, the online philanthropic contest BizKviz, which will gather more than 50 corporate, media and CSO representatives will open the festival and all proceeds gathered from this event will go towards Ilija M.Kolarac Endowment.
The festival will include numerous online activities such as:
- Serbia’s Philanthropy Tour that will present most important Serbian endowments
- Creating a Lexicon of Philanthropy, made up online by citizens providing inputs on what philanthropy means to them,
- An online concert of young musicians organized by Mitzy Magazine,
- Collecting bottle caps as part of the "Cap for Handicap" campaign,
- Facebook quiz “Which Serbian philanthropist you are the most alike”
- Online Theater plays for children "How great people grow up" and "Marko Kraljevic and Musa Kesedzija"
On the last day of the festival, citizens will be invited to get involved in charitable actions of civil society organizations by choosing an activity they want to support via donacije.rs platform, in order to individually help make the culture of giving our habit. To this end, stickers for online platforms and everyday communication will be specially designed. The program of the Philanthropy Festival can be found on the website dobrocinitim.rs.
The Philanthropy Festival is organized as part of the Framework for Giving Project funded by the USAID, and implemented by the Coalition for Giving led by the Ana and Vlade Divac Foundation. Other Coalition members include the Trag Foundation, Catalyst Balkans, SMART Kolektiv, the Serbian Philanthropy Forum, the Responsible Business Forum, and the Serbian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The Philanthropy Festival is organized in accordance with the goals of the Council for Philanthropy of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Serbia.